Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 4 I think

Cameron and I at something do not quite remember right now.

So today I walked like ten miles but feel like I did a whole bunch of nothing. We tried to do a bunch of stuff but everything was closed. May 1st is Maggio day (may day) here, it is a Communist workers holiday. So we attempted a museum, closed. Pantheon, closed. Catacombs, closed. Lame. And after such a long day with Cameron and Haynes I wanted something familiar so resorted to McDonalds chicken nuggets!! mmmmmmhhhmmmm hahah. Pretty sure we got some good pics with the Colosseum and had some funn moments any way. I think it is all just funny and part of the experience. Haynes however was kind of freaking out, I was just trying not to laugh in his face at him. Than the 3 of us kind of separated, I just walked around with my Ipod. I was attempting to find the Trevi fountain again, (about an hour later I amazingly, but randomnly stumbled upon it.) On my way I saw a Diesel store which is something I have been wanting to find, but because of freakin May day it was closed!!

Went home and had dinner, than ended up having veal for dinner again. Not gonna lie, pretty sick. Than Stefanie and I went to town for some little treat. Got some gelatti, I tried caramel and I am not going to lie, not my fav. Pistachio is next on my list. We decided we were kind of hungry because dinner did not really fill us up so we went to this little cafe thing. Got a sandwich and a coke, she got tortelini and a water. The waiter was so crazy, he started dancing and playing with my hair, I was trying not to freak out, so gross. He actually looked like a little rat!! eeks sorry that was kind of rude! Anyway we ate, not good at all, and got our check, it cost stinking 27.50 € we were dying. My coke, 500ml cost me 6.50 about 10 American dollars, needless to say I feel like drinking water for the next 4 weeks. We left and we were laughing and dying at how much we just had to pay for freaking nasty food. Oh well you live and learn huh?

attempt to go in the pantheon, steve put his finger in the way on accident!!
Cameron and I at the pantheon trying to figure out what to do for the rest of the day, he thinks he looks like a homeless bum haha!!
Sweet new shot at colosseum again it is massively huge.

Cutie little street that I love!Tomorrow we are off to Asisi so I might be in too late to blog, it is a 2 hour train ride, but it is supposed to be amazing pics!!! Love you all!

3 comments:

whit & dan said...

that boy looks so familiar what is his last name and where is he from? I can see you are having a great time :D

Jessa said...

sorry about the rat waiter. ha ha i'm sure that you'll find plenty more before the end of your trip. So have you found my italian hunk yet? i'm waiting....

Shanna said...

Rache! I was there on May Day too and all the dumb stores were closed and I cried!!! LOL I love you to death darling!! And I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous that you called Jess and she got to hear your darling voice! But I'm not too jealous of a lover, so I'm okay. =) I love you!!!