Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Day 2

Well today was a long day. First day of actual class. Went to the colosseum and man is that sucker HUGE. Pretty sure pictures do it no justice whatsoever. We had four reports given by people today and while Steve (the prof) talked to us I was sitting on a rock and pretty sure I bruised my bum, it is killing me right now. We again saw some serious land marks. Took some serious notes and pics, again these are only ones from my point and shoot so not that cool. Roman Forum, Colosseum, Column of Trajan, than Stefanie and I went to Villa Borghese a huge park. Had my first taste of Italian Lasagna today. It was pretty good, the sauce is much creamier than in America.And here we (stefanie and I) are so glad to have some Coke after a long day of study and walking. We cruised around by ourselves, basically I am pro at the Metro because of London and Paris. So tomorrow I will probably go solo to check out some ancient baths and try to get some sweet pics or maybe a museum of some sort!! Pretty sure I found my favorite European treat, I think I love it more than Gelatti even!! Buenos are my life here, so I have vowed to take the stairs almost everytime I can, and no need to worry I sleep on the 5th floor, so there are a lot of stairs, they sure do come in handy though, calorie burner baby. We went about 6 miles today and everyone was dying, (well not everyone) but it seriously didnt even phase me. My roomies are all so tired and sore and I am just ready to go chill at the Spanish steps or something. Maybe some other night, I need my london girls ;( they can keep up with me and want to do anything and everything!

Also at the grocery store I found these snack things called yonkers, so in attempt to try something new everday I bought them to try. They are little puffy circular things, they smelt like cheese. So we tried them and they are actually pretty yummy. So yeah new experience of the day! Had dinner @ 7:00, cream pasta, roast chicken, broccoli, squash and fruit for dessert. Dad you would be proud I have tried everything I have been served! At least taste everything is my goal this trip!! K love ya all!!

Ciao Bella (goodbye beautiful)

1 comment:

The Coons Family said...

I WANT TO BE THERE WITH YOU!!!! You have to find some McVities for me.... and 6 miles?? Give me a break! I could go 10! haha!