Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day 13

Today Haynes and I went to Bracciano. A little city about an hour out of Rome on a lake. The town was fun and cute. We found our way around and attempted to go to the lake, lago. We asked this lady if which way to the lake, she pointed us and told us to follow her. She kept talking to us so much, I just nodded and smiled because I had no idea what she was talking about! She had another older older lady with her, and that lady was so funny and cute, she reminded me of Edna on The Incredibles, so funny. She kept grabbing my arm and saying stuff. They pointed is in a direction and we eventually saw some brown signs that said lago. We followed them and we decided to take a shortcut, well we were hoping it was a shortcut. It was one of the steepest hills of my life, lucky for us it was like a jungle so super shady and it was a shortcut. We made it down to the lake and waded in it for a little bit. Then we decided to rent a peddle boat. We cruised around the lake and Haynes wanted to tan so we just floated around. It was really fun, I love those boats, definitely something I would like to do again. Then we ate lunch at a little place on the lake, it was so cute. We cruised around the town and headed back to Rome. We attempted to find this little church, St. Maria in Travestere. We asked people and they kept giving us all sorts of directions. We finally got on this tram and 3 guys came and stood by me. They were speaking english, so I asked them if they knew how to get there. So we talked for a bit and they told me how to get there. They were from Boston and had been here since January, they were leaving today. So they were taking all there extra crap to a homeless guy. Haynes and I eventually stumbled upon the church and I got some new letters today so fun! Than we walked back towards St Peters because we could see the dome, we walked along the river so fun. Steve said we probably walked like 8 miles today, hah it was a long day. And I put sun screen on but my arms got fried. I bought a spoon for a girl in our group because they all went to Pompei today. Anyway than we had dinner, roasted chicken and I swear they gave me half a chicken, it was hilarious I was cracking up. Today we are heading to Florence, we leave to catch a train in half an hour. Here are some pics from the day.

The b image for my book, I think this is my favorite so far!!

Me cruising in the peddle boat, so fun but so hot!!
Haynes cruising in the peddle boat, he was so intent on getting a tan. And supposedly that castle in the background is where Tom Cruise got married??




The lake shore place we ate at, it was so cute, I was in love with it.

I tried this stuff called Gnochioli al Ragu or something. It was pasta but it was full of stuff, but not cheese or anything. I am actually pretty sure it was potato or something. But it wasnt bad, looked like cheese puffs or something though.

Me walking along the river, I love bridges, dont even worry Haynes shot it when I was not even looking at the camera, he hates shooting on 3. haha I am gonna kill him!

This was at the beach while we were eating lunch, this couple was getting some wedding shots done and I thought the little girl behind them completely oblivious was funny. Again this image is a lot darker on here than my computer so you can actually see the couple really good still.


No comments: