Friday, May 9, 2008

Day 12 I think

Well I found a wireless connection down here in the lobby of the hotel, so I can't move my computer an inch or I will lose it!! But I can finally type on a normal keyboard again, hallelujah. Hopefully no one tries to turn on the TV because I unplugged it so my computer could charge! Well today we had a late start because it was a strike from the metro and buses. We were stuck around our little place and metro stop of Cipro. So we went to the little farmers market around here, it was fun. I had some delicious fruit for breakfast. Some strawberries and a banana. They were so good and it was cheaper than 2 euros, love it. Tried to take some pics at the market, got a few, not very good though because they would start yelling at us if you took one, super funny. Than Aubrey and I went cruising around shopping. I found some super cute heels, they were perfect too because they were not super tall, but they didn't have a size big enough for me, it was pretty sad. Really sad, I will be honest, I wanted them so bad. Oh well............. Then everyone met up at St Peters basillica at the Vatican. The place is huge, we went in the church and spent over an hour in there, I really can not believe how big it is. After a few reports we went to a new side of Rome that I never have been to before, it actually is quite old. I loved it, Haynes and I are going to go there tomorrow after we go to some little town with a lake and stuff. It should be quite the adventure!! We went to three churches there this afternoon, saw some more Bernini things. He is quite the man. Than I went to the grocery store and got some snacks for tomorrow. Had veal again for dinner, it was actually pretty good today. Lovin it, last day in Rome tomorrow, Sunday we leave for Florence, I am so excited! Lexi, I got your souvenir today, and I found a spoon mom. Azure I am still looking!! Love you all,
Ciao
Larissa and I at the market, so happy because we finally got to eat fruit again for breakfast, it was so sunny today!

Me in St. Peters, the place is seriously huge, it has been the longest Christian church for decades, I don't think it is anymore though. Me at a little temple thing, it is called Tempieto

Waiting for yet another bus!! Gotta love the pod.

Ps Nick I take offense that I look like a Chinese person, haha! And I will see what I can do about the shoes.

I got 2 maybe 3 new letters today for my alphabet book.

No comments: