Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 17

Well days in Florence are fun but I feel like they are very uneventful. It is hard for me to blog about them, as well I don't take many pictures because we are not doing near as much and it is not exciting. I still like seeing churches and cathedrals and all but maybe I am getting sick of taking pics of them? So today we went to Santa Croce, which was cool. I like the inside of these churches a little better because they are not gaudy at all like the other ones were. Then we went to one Michelangelo's houses. He bought it never intending to live there, he was one crazy guy, I guess he invested in real estate all over, that is one of the reason's he was loaded. Anyway he gave the house to his nephew who than had it turned into a monument type thing for Michelangelo. So we saw about 4 of his works there. Then we went through the cathedral of Rome, it was pretty neat. There was a tomb for Brunelleschi the architect of the dome, Galileo, Rossini, the list goes on. (there are about 276 tombs in the church) Anyway then some of us went and got some Mexican food, I had a chicken burrito it was pretty good and pretty cheap I was happy! Aubrey and I went shopping I attempted to find some shoes for this really cute dress I am gonna buy but no luck, my feet are too big for Italians!! Oh well some other time. Had dinner and then 4 of us went and hung out at one of the piazza's. And we rode the carousel it was funny because these old women from England were riding it too.

The Santa Croce church.
Cam and I on the Merry go Round so much fun haha.
Me standing in front of some cute little doors okay cute big doors.


1 comment:

Jessa said...

rach,
i really love all of your cute pics of yourself. Your hair is cute and you always have super cute outfits. you go girl!!!!