Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Venice

Hey everyone, I don't have long. I just wanted to say I am in Venice and it is beautiful here!! I seriously am in love. As well I am so excited to come home, I can not believe it is already time. Friday is the day and as much as I do not want to travel and be on an airplane that long it is gonna be so worth it. Back to Italy, Monday was our final which went well. It took 3 hours which is what I was expecting and I think I did pretty well on my essays. Then Tuesday we headed off to Venice, you should have seen everybody traveling with all of their crap and trying to get around. It was semi hilarious, stupid Americans. And 2 people couldn't take any of their own luggage so aside from all of our own crap we were helping take other peoples, it was quite the trek!! The 3 hour train ride on the Euro star was not bad at all. Our hotel here is so great!! 3 star is amazing compared to our previous 2 hotels, and I can not complain air conditioner is so amazing! The hotel is so cute, it reminds me of Beauty and the Beast or something. When you walk down the hall there are hallway lights and they are on but they are on a lower light, so when you walk closer to them they are motion sensored and they turn on brighter, it is so fun. Yesterday we took a taxi boat ride around the town, and you seriously can not believe the water streets unless you are here. I still don't believe it, it is so fun and cute though. We fed the pigeons and one landed on my scared me half to death though as you will see from my face. We explored around town and then had a really yummy pizza. Margharita with garlic, it was seriously the best pizza I have had here in Italy. Today we went to some churches and did some other stuff, it is so humid, hot, and muggy everyone is dying. I probably won't update again until I get home!!! love you and see you all SO soon!!
Me freaking out about a pigeon landing on my shoulder, scared the crap out of me.
Enjoying mint gelati from Steve it is always better when someone else pays for it!!Our hotel room so cute!!
Picture of the grand canal and Venice, I tell everything is so picturesque. Not to mention there are so many worn out old buildings which makes me so happy! I love it here so much!




3 comments:

Warners said...

I am so JEALOUS!!! You look like you are having so much fun. I am excited for you to come home and to hear all of your stories.

Jessa said...

rach, i can't even tell you how excited i am to have you back in our presence. its gone by so fast and i'm so excited to hear all about the stories and see all of your amazing pics!!!!!!

Shanna said...

Isn't Venice incredible?? It's really something that you cannot even describe or imagine until you are there! Even though the water is nasty dirty in the canals, it's so much fun. I'm so excited that you are having fun, but I am also dying that you are going to be back in my arms so soon!!! =) Love you baby!