Saturday, May 17, 2008

Not for the weak of stomach

Well today was a rest and relaxtion day, thankfully I was not so sure I could handle another running day. Yesterday we went to Ravenna to see the famous San Vitale church. The train ride was 2 hours each way, it was a lot of fun. Until about 4:30 I was having a great time, at that point I was feeling so sicky, my tummy was killing me and the headache I had had all day was peaking, as well I was starting to have hot flashes. I needed to find a bathroom place and the picture you will see below is what I had to use. It was really awful, but I couldn't hold it anymore. For my convenience there was a bar for me to hold as I squatted, it was one of the most awful experiences of my life. I shed a little tear after the fact, mid laughter I shed a tear. Oh my was I happy to leave Ravenna after that experience. But Ravenna was a great place, so fun and low key and the weather was pretty great. It was overcast again, which I am loving! Came back to Florence and had dinner, which was pretty gross, Salmon spaghetti, which I did not eat. Then we had some sort of fish which was not too bad and some tomatoes, yum. Finally no potatoes!!

Today I slept in until 10, got ready and then Stefanie and I got some breakfast and went shopping, I found some souvenirs for people at home! I found a really cute skirt and some other stuff, I didn't buy anything. I went to the store that might as well kill me now the Diesel store. I found a super cute shirt but voted not to get it because I could order it online in the US for cheaper, but they probably have different stuff in the US than in Italy. Anyway we had dinner, tonight was better, then last night. We had green beans (no potatoes again!) and some pork, not bad. Dessert however was fruit, my pear was delicious. On our way back to the hotel Haynes bought me a baby cookie, it was pretty good. I love the cookies here because they are not super sweet, they are just perfect, and they aren't soft but not too hard. I am gonna need a seat belt extender to get home on the plane. Okay not really, but I am so excited to get home and have a diet and go running everyday I have to get back on track for the half marathon in October with my mom, so excited!! Love you all, church tomorrow, and we get to have 3 full hours because they have English classes.

Me petting the pig snout.
(today) The bathroom toilet that I had to use, a literal hole in the floor, reminds me of the joke my dad always tells me when the crap hit the fan!!
Aubrey and I at the baptistry. (yesterday)

Me in front of the church. (yesterday)





3 comments:

The Coons Family said...

What was worse... that bathroom or using a donut wrapper you wipe yourself in Bath???

Anonymous said...

disgusting

-Nick

Unknown said...

hahha oh jilli, using the wax paper was definitely bad but this topped that, you will have to get the whole story in person. it is that good!!