Sunday, May 11, 2008

day 14

Well today was pretty darn uneventful. To prove just how uneventful it was I took no pictures at all today. We left Rome around 11:00 for Florence, which in Italian is actually Firenze. The train ride was only about 2 hours. I listened to the pod and caught up on my journal. Then we got to florence, took a bus from the train station to our hotel. Hotel panorama. Sadly I got separated from my roomies, got 2 new ones. Whitney and Mary Beth, it should be quite the adventure. We do get internet here which is a plus, but we do not have air I don't think I am roasting right now actually. Also our room is nice and roomey but our bathroom is pretty small, and trailer like. I will post pics of it soon. I am just getting in the mindset that we are camping for the next 2 weeks. Anyway we got here unloaded a bit and got some lunch. Then we met at 4:30 and went on an orientation around town. We just split into groups and went on a little scavenger hunt thing, it was pretty fun. I tried some gelatto at a place called Vivoli's. I had strawberry, fragola, and it was pretty much the best strawberry ice cream I have ever tasted. So fresh and delicious. After that we went to dinner, had pasta of course, as well as potato wedge things, and some pork. Fruit for dessert. We walked down some streets and there is some serious shopping to be done here I am so excited. I saw the cutest black dress I wanted to try it on but no need to worry it was only 540.00 Euros, crazy!!! Now I am just finishing up my report. After tomorrow I will have no more reports to give here in Italy!! Anyway I thought I would post a pic of a street light because I love how random they are!!
Ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've looked at your Blog! You are so cute! I love that you are living large girl! Have a superb time . . . I'll try to keep up. Can't wait til you're back!!
Debbie