Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 15

Today was a lazy day, the weather was perfect!! It was cloudy and overcast. We went up on top of a hill and had quite a view of the city, see below. Than we went to the Duomo, the baptistry and the bell tower. (aka the Cathedral of Florence.) Where I gave my report on the dome. (meaning I am done with both reports now, crazy!) Then we went to a museum where the actual panels from the Gates of Paradise by Ghiberti are housed. We saw some other stuff there as well, it was really interesting. Then we separated for lunch, and went to the market. It was so fun to just go look at everything. I was looking at a purse to buy and this guy took me in to his store, and than was like where are you from? I said America, and he said where I said Utah and he said oh like the Utah Jazz basketball? I was like yes are you serious. So than I left because his purses were more than I was willing to pay. So I left but of course I had to walk back by to get back to the main street of the market. And when I walked by the guy said hey Utah, I looked at him and he was like you need a leather jacket? I said yeah and he was like I give you one for free, I said oh really? But I was a little afraid to find out the conditions so I said I will come back I am here for 2 weeks, and he said okay you promise. I scoped some stuff out, like a Ducati shirt I want and tried to find stuff to bring home!! So be excited fam!! K I am super tired and it is super late so I am out like a trout!! Enjoy the pics

This guy took us down to the basement to have us try on shoes. We were a little worried but he was super insistent that we take a picture with him, in fact it was his idea. And he said I hope I see you again, nice girls from Utah. It was so funny I was seriously cracking up the whole time!!
Aubrey, Me and Christine in front of some of the panels from Gates of Paradise by Ghiberti.

The view down on to Florence.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, It looks like you are having a great time. I wish I was with you! I would kill to go shoe and purse shopping in Italy. Let me know how you are doing.
Love Jody