Saturday, May 3, 2008

Assisi, day 5

Well today was an early day, we met at 730 and caught a train to Assisi, the 2 hour ride was a nice snoozer though, luckily I slept because all the tunnels and stuff were killing my ears they had to pop all the time. So annoying. So just chilled and listened to the pod, that was nice! We got to Assisi and man it was crowded and talk about a town on the hill, the ascension was ridiculously steep. We went in to the church of St Francis, he is the reason the town is famous, brought the church down to the common people. It was cool. Walked around took some pics, hopefully got some good ones for my port. Than Cameron Stefanie and I walked up to this castle ruin, see pic below. It was quite the hike in the heat, but the view and the wind were great!!!Me in front of a cutie little door.
These cute german nuns that were talking and pointing to the St Francis church of Assisi down below!

I know it is hard to believe but it was so windy up there. Which was such a relief after the hike we had. so hot and sweaty!! And pretty sure I thought the pic had already taken so I stopped smiling and look like an idiot, oh well!!


Stefanie and I in front of the view, Steve failed to mention that we were blocking the view ahaha.
We left Assisi around 630 and finally got back to our metro stop, cipro at about 915. Just in time for a little dinner, I had some bread stuff with tomatoes on it, and I tried this potato ball thing, I failed to take a picture, that was dumb. Than we went home and crashed, I was so tired!! Love you all

No comments: