Saturday, February 2, 2008

lighting

Today was the first time I was in the studio alone. It was semi, alright kind of super nerve-racking but a really good experience. I took my little brother Nick in to model for me and help me out, things went pretty good for one of my first times..... no broken lights or tripping over cords. Here are some of the pictures I liked best. Luckily I have finally learned to take TONS of pictures so I always have options and back ups. So I managed about 100 shots for this particular shoot and its a good thing!!
Broad lighting :


Butterfly lighting: (by this time we figured I should put a gel on to make Nick look more tan!!)



Back lighting: (one of my personal favorites but I'm not so sure it is correct)



Another butterfly:


I learned its pretty hard to get your model to pose and get the right emotions. So for the next shoot I plan to have my poses and emotions pre-planned so both I and my model can know exactly what I want. I fixed backgrounds and such on photoshop but I don't know how I feel about turning them in to Simon.........

No comments: