Thursday, January 31, 2008

portrait assignment

I found 3 photos that have qualities that I would like to emulate in a portrait.



Owen Cherry


I love this portrait and the way it simply portrays this girl. There isn't much to distract us from her. I like that I can speculate a lot about her from something so simple. So I would like to emulate simplicity.



Irving Penn


I love the contrast and her expression. I feel as a photographer it is a challenge to capture the correct expression for our particular models. I like how natural yet elaborate this photo seems.


John Canalas

I LOVE this picture. (I actually love this whole series) I love that it shows passion. I think that correctly portraying someone often demands representing what they are passionate about because in a sense this defines who and what we are.

So to wrap it up the challenges I am going to attempt to conquer in this portrait is to simply portray an expression and passion of someone I care about. (this will be hard because my mom hates getting her picture taken, she spends all her time hiding from the camera!)






No comments: