Saturday, February 9, 2008

Hockney

This week for digital imaging we have been working on David Hockney images. So here are some examples that I looked to while creating this photo.
When I started thinking about this project I really liked the grid look that is shown on the first of the three images. I also really liked the polaroid look but I wanted to recreate a tree that I love at the American Fork amphitheater. Thinking about my subject I decided it would probably be best to try and mesh them all together to create a new unique tree. As a result I created my first image, it turned out okay very geometric and shapey (Im sure that is not a word, oh well) so I guess fragmented would be a better word.
I kind of like how it turned out. But after seeing others pictures and getting ideas from class and thinking about it more I decided to start from scratch. Here is the completed version I will turn in on Monday.
So I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out and super excited to play and create some more pictures this way!

1 comment:

The Coons Family said...

Hammy!! Hello! I was so excited to see you commented on our blog! how are you doing? Yes, I am SO happy I am not in the snow, that just sounds awful. I hope all is well in Provo, I miss you and the girls. I am coming up sometime in March (hopefully) and you better know it we are getting together!!