Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Real Day # 1




So here I am in Italy, it still seems so surreal. Today I went and saw some serious tourist sites, the Collesseum, freaking huge!, Piazza Navona, The fountain of Four Rivers, The Spanish Steps. It is all so crazy! Also the Trevvi Fountain, which is in the Lizzie McGuire movie, I threw a penny in backwords. And actually a boy in my group Cameron and I were taking pictures in front of the fountain for each other and this older lady walks up and say so do you want me to take a picture of both of you. We were like uh sure and kind of laughing. So we took a picture of her and her husband, and than they took one of Cameron and I. It was super funny, I will have to see if I can get the picture from him. Than the lady asked where we were from, we said Utah and they were talking to us about Zions and Bryce Canyon. Cameron said I havent ever been there so the little lady walks up to me, grabs my arm and says, you guys have to go there. I was trying not to laugh and said yeah I will talk to Cameron. It was so funny.Here I am so excited to throw my penny in!



Next we headed up to the Spanish steps, however on our way this creepy Italian man stops me and says scussi, miss what is this? Beautiful, bella, bella. I was like oh gosh just stay away. Than his 2 friends across the way were like scussi beautiful, and they told this other girl that I had a nice butt it was SO humiliating!!!!!




We than kept exploring and messing around at places. Had some marghareta pizza and a coke of course for lunch!! So delish! Later we got a crepe with nutella, my favorite!! I am finally getting the hang of how to say Grazia (thank you). Everything is going really great. Having tons of fun. Classes start tomorrow, I am so stoked!

And of course me being a doof on the balcony of our hotel room. I was actually being productive and reading Michealangelo and the Popes Ceiling. Great book, def recommend it!

Until tomorrow love you all, and yes Jess the invite is still available to share my bed!!!

Ciao

2 comments:

Warners said...

RACH!! Hello my long lost friend. You look so cute and I am really jealous. I miss you here at work, and I am dying to hear more about what is happening. Check you e-mail. Love ya!

Warners said...

Hello again...It won't let me send you and e-mail. Can you please e-mail me so that I can respond? Thanks babe...emilywarner22@yahoo.com :-)