Wednesday, April 2, 2008

You know when you are feeling great and untouchable for a few days, basically you feel invincible, nothing makes you mad or irritated. I even had difficulty concentrating. I have felt that way for the past few days. Today however I was quickly shot down. I woke up feeling fine, but quickly realized my Cloud 9 ecstasy was fading. I made it through the day fine, nothing majorly bad happened, but neither did anything good. (wait I had lunch with Jess, and an amazing cherry coke, what else could I ask for? and took some images, which is always great) I went running this evening to try and boost my spirits which actually did wonders! I had a nice relaxing ride home and decided to check my school email account just in case I had received news about the BFA program. Before I logged in I thought maybe I should wait until tomorrow I am not so sure I can handle bad news right now. But I logged in anyway. Sure enough I have an email from the lady Rae Ann Ellis. I am kind of super nervous but open the email anyway. I skim through the crap at the top and reach the part that says we regret to inform you that you have not been accepted. That was fine shockingly I handled that well. When I got to the reasons for being denied that is what made me so freaking irritated!!! For example:
There is a need for over all consistency with the portfolio.
Okay wait, I am pretty sure this is my 2nd year in school, not even in the art program, just college. I don't know what I am planning to do when I graduate yet. I am considering moving to New York and being an assistant for 2 years, but who knows. I don't have an artist's statement. Not only that they asked for multiple pieces from DIFFERENT classes, I went into this thinking that I should show my ability in all different areas, not excelling in only one area, or one type of photograph. Than it continues to say that the instructors and especially Simon Blundell will be here to help and guide you. Pretty sure that Simon did help me!! Why the freak didn't he just tell me I had no chance and tell me not to apply this year. Ugh. I feel like I need to go running again. I just might do that. Anyway sorry for the venting and frustration. I'll be fine in the morning.
Here is the beginning of my lighting portfolio that took me weeks to come up with my idea.

2 comments:

Shantell said...

Sad :( I'm sorry you didn't get in. I think your picture are great! What do they know anyway! Glad to hear that you had a nice HOT date :)

Amber said...

Oh my heck, I can't believe you didn't get in. That's super lame. I'm sorry. That's the thing about random flings. They are amazing and spontaneous when they happen, but leave you shattered and wanting after. I've been there, but don't worry, in time someone else will sweep you off your feet for good. I'm glad is was a good experience for you just the same.