Saturday, May 2, 2009

because today i graduated


i have been on a blogging stall, because lately i have felt weird.
today i graduated and until i can figure out what i want to say and formulate it better i just wanted to say a little of what is on my mind. graduating feels weird because for the last 17 years school has consumed my life, starting with preschool and continuing through college, i love school and learning. i don't want to stop. so now i take it into my own hands. i have goals that i can now devote my full attention to and some exciting dreams that i will work my hardest to make reality (future plans to come soon.) so while i work on setting goals and creating my future please enjoy the journey with me and prepare for a bright future. as president Monson said "glance backward, reach outward, and press forward." so prepare yourself world i am here and not giving up on my dreams.

thoughts on school:
i will miss going to school, playing with friends there and making new friends.
being stressed out, having assignments, financial aid, learning, class, teachers, field trips, and many other things.

school was a place i learned how to learn, i learned how to teach, i learned how to make friends, i learned how to delegate, i learned how to take responsibility, i learned who i am and how to not be scared of that.

for now i might not miss going to class, finals, overwhelming assignments, 18 credits, some professors, the gt bathroom, paying a billion dollars for school supplies, missing out on things because i needed to get homework done...but come mid fall i know i am going to miss her (uvu campus).

so to all who helped me on my way i very greatly appreciate your support and love you dearly. (especially my dad who i called almost everyday after class these last 2 semesters ready to give up, he gave me strength to carry on. also my mom for her support, and close friends, besty, you know who you are)
xoxo

6 comments:

Shantell said...

First of all congrats!!! That is so exciting! I can't wait to see what new adventures you'll have. Second you look gorgeous! I just LOVE your hair. Makes me want to get my hair cut like that.

Becky said...

You are such a cutie! Congratulations on graduating!
I also love your photography website. Can't wait to read/see more about your coming adventures!

Jessa said...

dear ms. graduate.
the world is ready for you and i can't wait to see and share in all that you do. education is one of the most incredible gifts and i know you will utilize yours to the best of your potential.

sincerely,
besty

ps um....can we say G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S

Amber said...

Rachy, You look like a movie star my love. Congrats on finally getting it done. xoxo. I will miss you so much. :(

Shanna said...

I am so proud of you, baby. For graduation, and for another big thing that you accomplished this week. =) We are totally MFEO, and I will miss you while you are on your New York adventure, but I'm excited for the other ones that I get to be there for! I love you!

xoxo
2nd besty =) (Can I have that name??! I'm self-proclaiming it!)

Laura said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you for sticking with it. You'll be glad for the rest of your life that you did. Good luck with everything!