Sunday, September 7, 2008

emulating a master

for advanced photo studies we had to pick a photographer from history that we would like to emulate, i chose eugene atget. i have his paris book and have been completely intrigued by him. his style is so simple, he used a lot strong contrast, hard shadows, and traced the daily changes in the face of the city. i love old worn out things and thought it would be fun to go around and try to emulate his style. i focused more on his strong use of contrast and avoidance of perfection. i had to create 2 images i think the last two are strongest and those are the 2 i will use....what do you think?

here in american fork, i think this is my least favorite of the images.
this was my first attempt, and i really like this image, thanks to jess for the little hidden alleyway.
a building downtown i love to drive by anytime i am up there.


2 comments:

Laura said...

This is really in American Fork? Where? It makes a really cool picture but it looks like it belongs to the inner city or something like that. I like the bottom picture the best. Give your Mom my love. Hope things are looking up.

Jessa said...

Rach,
great shots. I'm so glad I got to go with you on our little Atget Adventure! You're getting so good. Someday you'll be famous in NYC and I'll be your roommate and therefore also famous! ok love ya!