Saturday, June 7, 2008

Let the summer reading begin!!

Summer is here and that means time to do whatever I want, like read a book I want to read. I am going to start this amazing book, well I have started it but it is first on my list. As well I plan to read:
Michelangelo and the Popes Ceiling (finish it I already started)
Lovely Bones
The Host
The Memory Keepers Daughter
1776
The House on Mango Street (recommended by em)
Gathering Blue (recommended by shanna baby)
The Alchemist
Anna Karenina

And I am sure the list will grow, do you have any good suggestions for me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house on Mango Street is a complete bore, def not one to read.

Jessa said...

good job rach. you've inspired me to read this summer too. I may have to copy some of the books from your list. In fact, maybe I could even borrow the Brooklyn book from you when you're done, unless you borrowed it from someone else.

i heart you!

Wendy said...

I just read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn last year even though my 7th grade English teacher recommended it to me years ago. It was pretty good.
Before that I read "The Glass Castle" which I thought was fascinating athough Glenn thought it was a little disturbing.
Since you are training for a half marathon you should read "Ultra Marathon Man". It's a funny and amazing book written by this guy who is totally addicted to running. It will get you in the mood to run for sure.