Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fine Art

I am attempting to define what fine art means to me and use 10 pictures to justify my definition. I have had a really hard time starting this blog, so I guess I'll just try and dive right in!! First off I pick Michael Kenna....


I really enjoy the simplicity of this photo. I love that I get the essence of everday life from something that I would normally find extremely banal. A picture that captures an essence originally.





Next Skye Johansen.... ( I know it is a baby so it shouldn't really count but) A picture that captures an expression.







Next Travis Lovell..... ( I'm totally not trying to be a suck up I LOVE this picture!) A picture that evokes personal refelction.


Nick Brandt..... A picture that makes me feel like I am in the picture.


Next Robert Doisneau..... A picture that conveys passion.

Next Ansel Adams...... A picture that represents truth.

Michael Kenna again...... A picture that is intriguing.

Next Irving Penn....A picture that makes me wonder.

And finally Dorothea Lange..... A picture that I could look at multiple times and still find something I like everytime.

No comments: