Tuesday, August 19, 2008

4th of july 2009

so one of the things on my bucket list is to spend the 4th in nyc. as well a recent goal has been to live in the city for a few years after i graduate next april.

i know its a little early but guess where i will be spending the next 4th of july.............................................................................


thats right the big apple! i got accepted into an internship program and next may through july for 8 weeks i will be in nyc. i will live in the nyu dorms and have a 9-5 photo intern/job. more details to come but i am so stoked, its gonna be so tight!
and if things go as planned i will find a more permanent job and place to live while im out there interning. also as of now my friend jess deal is going to live in the city with me, pretty sure we are going to have such a blast and have the cutest apartment in the city (and just our little secret but we will also eat cheesecake with the rich cultured men across the street :)
so excited for the future but also loving my life here in utah......i have to admit im ready for the snow!

7 comments:

Jessa said...

READY FOR THE SNOW!? what are you doing to me rach? You're gonna jinx it and its gonna come in September! haha

but you know im so excited about ny
I really can't wait. Its going to be great and you're right, our apartment is going to be the cutest ever. and of course we'll be eating cheesecake with foreign cultured guys, British preferably. :)

Laura said...

Wow, Rachel, When your famous I can say, "I used to live by her". That sounds like the best experience ever!

Jen said...

Congrats Rach your are really moving up in life your are turning into quite the young woman I am so jealous at the things and places you girls are getting to work and live in ..you go girl you deserve it you are a very hard worker..meet some rich guys for me to since I am just an old married woman..jen

Wendy said...

That's awesome Rach. Be sure to talk to Glenn, he served his mission there. You are way more adverturous than me that's for sure. PS I love the David Archuleta song. I wasn't a fan at all, I just heard the song on the radio and was surprised to hear it was him. Got it on my IPod now.

kajsia mccoy said...

That's a sweet picture!

Shanna said...

I'm going to miss your guts! I'm super jealous of you and Jess and the cheesecake and the cultured men. hahaha But I'll be so excited to come and visit you too!!!

Amber said...

Holy crap! That's awesome. An internship in NYC? Just what you've been wanting. Yeah! I'm so happy for you.