Tuesday, July 1, 2008

isnt it funny

i am always amazed that whatever i am going through or however i am feeling, i can always find a song or a quote in a book to match my feelings. i finished the book 'a tree grows in brooklyn' and i have to say it is one of my all time favorite books, it was amazing and such an eye opener i definitely recommend it to everyone!! there were seriously so many parts of the book i could relate to and a lot of times after i got done reading i was still thinking about the things i had read and it made me think a lot about life and what i want from it. i really enjoy that in a book. i just thought i would share a few fave quotes from the book, and again you all need to read it, simply amazing.

"Sometimes I think it's better to suffer bitter unhappiness and to fight and to scream out, and even to suffer that terrible pain, than just to be....safe. At least she knows she's living." (pg. 341)

"Dear God, let me be something every minute of every hour of my life. Let me be gay; let me be sad. Let me be cold; let me be well dressed. Let me be sincere-be deceiful. Let me be ragged or be a liar. Let me be honorable and let me sin. Only let me be something every blessed minute. And when I sleep, let me dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost." (421).

i want to live this way. im learning to embrace and live everyday, you never know how long you have. im ready to make everyday an experience, because even the pain as much as it hurts, someday it will heal, even if it leaves a scar, and at least i still know im alive. just like francie in the book, i want to be something every minute of my life...................

3 comments:

kajsia mccoy said...

you are cool. i am lazy. i like to just... BE.

Shanna said...

Rache, that is my absolute favorite part in that book. I had that quote stuck to my mirror all through high school. I love that you loved that part too! It makes me want to read that again. It's so incredible.

Amber said...

I collect quotes and really enjoy the 2nd one. I can't believe you have sisters that young. I'm the youngest so it's odd to me. I think I shall read your book.