Tuesday, August 2, 2011

independent

trust; [noun] to have confidence or reliance on somebody or something. or to confidently allow somebody to do something.
i guess I've always had a struggle trusting and relying on other people. i think it's just the way I was built. it's always made more sense to be independent and do everything myself. if something doesn't get done it's my fault. I don't have to redo something that someone else already did because it's been done wrong. sure sometimes it makes life more busy & stressful than it needs to be but i'm a big planner and checking things off make me feel accomplished.
being independent has never been a problem.
but now, now I see what a hinderance the inability to trust is. I think I've gotten better at trusting but I still can't let go completely, I try not to let people close enough to cause pain. there is one man though who I love enough that I let him in. sometimes it's total and complete reliability on him and other times it's 90%. but I can definitely see the lack of ability to trust on my part becoming an issue. so because I want to trust in him & everyone 100% I need your help.
how do I reverse my inability to trust those closest to me? or anyone for that matter?

sincerely
mrs no longer wants to be independent

No comments: